04 April 2006

Seen around town

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 6:25 pm: Barred owl (Strix varia) calling

Friday, March 31, 2006: 2 Fox sparrow (Passerella iliaca) scratching in the ground below the feeders. Dark-eyed juncos (Junco hyemalis) galore.

Saturday, April 1, 2006, 5:48 am: Eastern phoebe (Sayornis phoebe) singing from on of my apple trees!

3:50 pm: Adult male, Pine warbler (Dendroica pinus) feeding on my peanut feeder. I (of course) just missed gettting a photo.

Monday, April 3, 2006: Saw three vultures soaring. I was driving and they were up quite high so I was unable to determine if they were Black or Turkey. American goldfinch (Carduelis tristis) changing plumage. Mourning dove (Zenaida macroura) feathers in a pile in the back yard. Most likely a hawk kill.

Moose tracks were spotted around my neighbor P.S. house earlier this week.

We are all anticipating the arrival of Ursus

No comments: