12 November 2005

Number 9


I made this last night. I was going over to check the fire before heading off to la-la-land. I spotted through the glass doors a hunk of something shining. Then I remembered I had tossed a soymilk container in the stove.

Why? You ask. To see what would happen. What happened was the container burned away leaving a thin layer of metal. Must line the “TetraPak®”. I have no idea what it’s made from. I can't believe a company that makes soymilk would line a container with aluminium.

Anyway.

I fished it out and sort of “leafed” the blue cardstock card with it. The rest of the card was made by stenciling (numbers and dots) and pouncing with inks. Then I glued on a bit of old negative I found on the street. I finished it by using a large postal collage stamp.

Number 9, is an OCDish phrase that runs through my brain quite often. Number 9, Number 9, Number 9, Number 9...

It’s from the opening to Revolution 9. A collage of sounds by John Lennon and Yoko Ono. For those of you who may not know: John was born on October 9, 1940. Number 9.

I'm listening to Global Communication "9 39" from: 76 14

4 comments:

Lee Hartsfeld said...

I didn't even think of the Lennon/Ono track. I thought about Roger Millers "Enginge, Engine No. 9."

Just kidding. The Beatles track popped up in my memory right off.

I cannot tell a lie. Or type one, either.

Nice, arty artwork.

Lee

Lee Hartsfeld said...

You piece has kind of an earth-as-seen-from-space look to it. Except that this makes for too silly of an adjective. Therefore, I won't use it.

Oops.

Lee

Anonymous said...

Nice work, Crow. Both 9 and Orange. So glad to see it.

I just realized, "graduation day" looms. Are you ready? Or will you seek an extension?

I hear the faculty is very flexible.

CrimsonCrow said...

Hi gb herron!

Thanks for dropping by and commenting! I truly appreciate it. Please pass the word to anyone you know that this blog is here!

As for "graduation day"; much like a scholastic endeavor we once shared, I feel the process is so excting and rich I would seek extension rather than graduation.

Please pass the word to all faculty.

And come back, y'hear.