20 February 2006

I woke up at 4:00 this morning. Having a hot flash. Nothing like generating more heat than a body can bare to get one out of bed!

I received an e-mail this morning from Suzanne over at Penny Wise Arts. She inspired me to look at Asia this morning. I am getting some interesting ideas for collage or altered book. We’ll see where it takes me.

I am getting ready to go visit a friend I haven’t seen in months. SN. When Willow died, she stayed with me all evening after friends and neighbors helped bury him. She literally tucked me in my bed after putting fresh clean sheets on it and fluffing my pillows.

There is no enlightenment outside of daily life.
-Thich Nhat Hanh

I'm listening to Joel Vandroogenbroeck "Jalan Jalan" from: South East Asia

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do believe: Thich Nhat Hanh is right.

CrimsonCrow said...

I am not sure there is no enlightenment outside of daily life but slogging through daily life does often seem a sure fire way to reach there.

Anonymous said...

I forgot I did that for you that day. You were so wiped out and so scared to go to sleep. You needed to be comfortable and warm. I bet you went right to sleep. Remember chasing away your (nosy)neighbor ? I wonder what she thought was going on? :-)

There may not be enlightenment from outside daily life, but what about inside daily life? That is the winter way - keep your daily life inside as often as possible. So all enlightenment is in winter, because in summer, daily life is outside as much as poossible, therefore, no enlightenment. :-)

CrimsonCrow said...

Dear sn,

Thanks for dropping by!

I don’t recall anything about my neighbor that day. I do remember sitting on the floor in the hallway of a local school with you, as several neighbors partook in a shapenote singing group in a classroom.

I was scared to go to sleep. I was scared to feel the absence of my man.

As for the enlightenment, I'm outside far more in winter than in summer because of the dab sgub!

Anonymous said...

I am tickled that I inspired you!! Now I am double glad that I decided to quickly bead some butterfly wings to pop onto my 'almost done' ATC and send it to you today!! Ü

CrimsonCrow said...

I look forward, suzanne!